1st United understands that some of our members may be suffering from a financial hardship. If you are finding it difficult to maintain payments on your 1st United mortgage, home equity loan or credit line, we may be able to help you during these difficult economic times. We will make every effort to assist you with your loan to avoid foreclosure.

To speak with someone regarding your loan, please contact us at (800) 649-0193, ext. 4710.

After the initial contact, we will send you an application. You will need to provide us with the following information to be returned with the completed application, in order to process your modification request:

  • Mortgage statement(s) from lender(s) other than 1st United
  • List of current debts and household expenses
  • Household income information
  • Two recent pay stubs for each borrower
  • One recent W2 for each borrower
  • Last two years of your income taxes (1040s), pages 1 & 2 only (please sign and date them on page 2). If claiming rental income, include Schedule E
  • Separation letter from previous employer (if applicable)
  • Unemployment documentation (if applicable)
  • If self-employed. provide last two years of your income taxes (1040s), pages 1 & 2 (please sign and date them on page 2) and Schedule C
  • Description of your financial hardship

By providing this information, we can determine which alternative is best suited for you. Verbal discussions regarding loan modifications are not binding and do not constitute an agreement with 1st United Credit Union.

The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) offers counseling for homeowners whose mortgage loans have become delinquent. This counseling could help you avoid foreclosure, and you are urged to seek it. They can be reached at (800) 569-4287 or www.hud.gov.