- Checking & Savings
- Loans & Credit
- Online & Mobile
- More for You
- More for You
- Meet Us
- For Employers
- In The Community
- MoneyWise Education
- Fraud & Cybersecurity Tips
- Press Releases
- Annual Report
- Annual Credit Report
- AD&D Insurance
- Accident & Illness Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance
- Life Insurance
- NCUA Insurance
- BALANCE Financial Fitness
- Identity Theft Protection
- Visa Gift Cards
- Travel Notification Form
Whether your dream car is a used Prius or a new Audi, we can help you with a low rate, a low payment, and a flexible term. We’ve created our accounts to help members like you find a payment that fits your budget.
Of course, you don’t need a new car for us to try to save you money. We can also refinance your loan from another lender. With a phone call and a few minutes, we can determine if we can save you money.
See how much you can afford or how much we can save you using our online auto loan calculator.
New, Used or Refinanced
Our auto loans feature:
- Rates as low as 3.86% APR
- Terms up to 84 months
- Complimentary auto buying service – we find the car you want and negotiate the deal on your behalf
- Member-only pricing on auto insurance, guaranteed auto protection (GAP), mechanical breakdown protection (MBP) and debt protection
- Access to AutoSMART - research the car before you buy
APR (Annual Percentage Rate) as of July 1, 2019 and is subject to change. Lowest rate quoted. Your rate may vary based on creditworthiness, age or value of vehicle, amount financed and terms and conditions. Loans are subject to credit approval. Minimum loan $5,000; proof of insurance required. Loan payment example: $15.58 per month for each $1,000 borrowed at 3.86% APR for 72 months.
First-Time Auto Loan
We know that starting to manage your own money can be confusing and intimidating. That’s why we’ve developed a simpler, faster and friendlier money experience especially for young adults, like you.
If buying a new or used car is in your future, we can help. When you’re car hunting, don’t forget the importance of a low rate and an affordable payment.
Our unique first-time auto loan program puts you in the driver’s seat – even if you don’t have established credit. Or, you can use a parent as co-signer, which may help you qualify for our best rates. Simply give us a call; our loan specialists can help find the best option to suit you.
Our auto loans feature:
- Low rates
- Flexible terms
- Affordable payments - calculate a payment
- Free auto buying service
- Research before you buy with our free AutoSMART website
Responsible money management is crucial to starting a positive credit history – and we’re here to help. Apply online to get started. Or, if you prefer the personal touch, simply call us at (800) 649-0193.
Your rate may vary based on creditworthiness, age or value of vehicle, amount financed and terms and conditions. Loans are subject to credit approval. Minimum loan $5,000; proof of insurance required. Must be 18 or older to apply. Requires no adverse credit history, one year minimum permanent employment and permanent residency. If no co-signer, first-time borrower must have $3,500 minimum gross monthly income and 10% cash down. Loan limited to 100% loan to value to a maximum of $20,000.
Providing Proof of Insurance
As part of the terms of your 1st United Credit Union auto loan, you are required to provide us proof of your insurance.
Don’t worry, it’s easy to do. Simply contact your insurance provider and tell them you’ve financed your auto with 1st United Credit Union. They’ll do the rest.
Here’s what your insurance provider will need to know:
- You’ve financed an auto with 1st United Credit Union
- Proof of insurance can be faxed (503) 549-8888 or mailed to:
1st United CU Auto Insurance
P.O. Box 19085
Portland, OR 97280
- Documentation for proof of insurance must show three things:
- An appropriate amount of comprehensive and collision coverage
- A deductible of $1,000 or less
- 1st United Credit Union as lienholder
- Your insurance card is not sufficient; you must provide the declarations pages
Did you receive a letter?
If you received a letter stating that we have not received your declarations page showing 1st United as the lienholder, you can submit your proof of comprehensive and collision coverage online. You’ll need the unique ID number indicated on the letter.
If we don’t receive your proof of comprehensive and collision coverage showing 1st United Credit Union as lienholder, we may add insurance to your loan, which can extend the term of your loan.